Sunday, May 27, 2007

My Favorite Restaurants


I was tagged by Jenny W in a "dining meme." I guess I don't read enough, because I don't know what "meme" means. But anyway, she listed her Top 5 Restaurants, so here are mine. My list was different before there was a child in my life. Now they consist of mostly quick stops that are light on the wallet. (PS. I realize I'm breaking some rules. See Jenny W. for the real rules for those who follow suit.)

Baja Burrito/Blue Coast Burrito - The food is amazing, healthy & cheap. Plus, I know Nan quite well & I have the secret "Light Ranch" recipe.

Calypso Cafe - The only place where I don't have to bring Ethan's food with me. You must try the Lucayan Salad. Or the Beans & Three. Or the Black Bean Salad. And the fruit tea.

Yellow Porch - Love the waiter, Shon. The food is unique, fantastic & they have great specials. Looks like my food is all within a single block, huh?

Wild Oats - Not really a restaurant, I know. But this is the only other place where I can take Ethan for a good cup of soup & see for myself that the food is dairy & egg-free.

Frothy Monkey - A nice little local coffee shop with some great salads. And high chairs.

Now these folks have been tagged. Your turn, Ladies.
Amanda C.
Moriah F.
Jenni D.
Christine A.
Libby S.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

My mouth began to water when I saw the words "Lucayan Salad." That is my favorite...delicious!

Melissa P. said...

my list will be up soon and will have several of the same places! guess we have the same tastes!

Anonymous said...

oooh, I'm really gonna have to think about it...

Blake and Moriah said...

I love the Lucayan, too! Blake's mom introduced me to it! My list is up...

Laurie said...

ok. The two things i miss the MOST about Nashville are Baja and Calypso Cafe....My fav is the Black Bean Salad...ohhhhhh...so good!!!!!!

jenny said...

i'm with ya on calypso, too. the black bean salad is heavenly. by the way, i don't know if you've gotten your avalon stuff yet, but i picked mine up yesterday and it is wonderful! strawberries, tomatoes, peppers, squash..YUM!

Libby said...

I'm going to get my list up in a day or two. I'm going to warn you though, it's going to be pretty boring. I'm not very adventurous when it comes to eating out. Maybe I need to come eat with you every once in a while!

Caroline said...

Hey Carrie! I have a question about Nan's Light Ranch at Baja. Is it Gluten free? I am being tested for Celiac- they think that's what's been going on with me. Hope you are doing well... we may have a lot to talk about in the allergy world soon!