Thursday, October 25, 2007

Applique Attempt #1

I haven't had time to do much sewing lately, but today I got the machines back out & attempted my first applique. While it did not turn out as cute as I had envisioned, I did have fun with it. Maybe it will get a little easier & cuter as I practice..More to come soon (I hope!)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I think it looks great! I am horrible at appliqué!

Heather B Mc said...

That applique is so adorable. Did you make the applique yourself? I ask bc my mom told me that is what she used to do when I was little.

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

yes, heather. i just drew a freehand pic of a car, then cut out some fabrics, used some iron-on adhesive, then used a zig-zag stitch around the edges. it was all easy, except for the stitching part. i need some serious help on that portion of it. my sewing group is next week, so i hope to get some good advice then!