Do you have any good kiddo foods? I'd love you to send some this way! (Without milk/egg products.)
This great recipe came from “Wholesome Meals for Babies & Toddlers.” It’s not quick to cook, but I double the recipe, stick them in the freezer & pull out 2-3 at a time. I LOVE having these on hand in the freezer. Also, in addition to the ingredients below, I add just a wee bit of salt. These are listed for babies 9-12 months, but there is really no limit to age here. Lance really likes them.
1 apple, peeled, cored & grated
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
½ red onion, chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
scant 1 cup fresh whole-wheat bread crumbs
1 tbsp concentrated chicken stock
Salt
whole-wheat flour, for coating
corn or sunflower-seed oil, for pan-frying
Spread out the apple on a clean dish towel or paper towels & press out all excess moisture. Put the cooked chicken, apple, onion, parsley, bread crumbs, stock & salt to taste in a food processor and pulse briefly until well combined. Spread the flour out on a plate. Divide the mixture into 20 or more mini portions, shape each portion into a ball and roll in the flour. Heat a little oil in a nonskillet over medium heat and cook the balls for 5-8 minutes, or until golden brown all over and cooked through. Remove and drain on paper towels. Serve hot or cold.
3 comments:
Did you figure out the google analytics? You just go to that site and sign in under your blog email account and password. Then you click on a link to view and it shows you a two or three different graphs and a map.
I didn't comment earlier b/c I don't cook!! HA! I should though...especially for Sophie. You're a good mom.
i'll comment! i actually was going to comment anyway and ask that you keep posting recipes. i have a PICKY eater and i really struggle to find things that he will eat, especially things that are healthy that i can send in his lunchbox to preschool. i can't wait to try this particular recipe. PLEASE keep them coming!
Post a Comment