I’ve become a big fan of Heifer International. They give animals to those in need in impoverished countries, ask that the recipients pass on their offspring, and also are heavily invested in developing long-term environmental solutions that help agricultural production. This is by far an oversimplification of their work - they do so much more.
They send us their magazine, World Ark. Lance would tell me that they were good, but I never read them. But recently, I began reading them, and they are GREAT. Wonderful articles about why I should care that catfish are declining in Cambodia, how free trade affects fair trade, and how my buying roses affects lives of workers in Guatemala.
To Get their Magazines, call 1-800-422-0474. Or you can read exerpts of World Ark online.
Another cool website is HungerMovement.org, which lists practical ways to end hunger & has some interesting articles.
1 comment:
we are fans too! although zach was disappointed this christmas when the goat he got was not an actual goat that will live with us. "one day" I told him. Yes, GREAT organization.
Post a Comment