
Ever since Ethan was born, I’ve begun to CARE more about things than I used to. I used to think the idea of caring was a good one, but I just never felt terribly motivated to care myself. But I’ve been thinking more and more about my role on this planet. I’ve been thinking about my duty to be a good steward to the earth as well as my calling to give & love others across the globe. That leads me to a myriad of topics that I’m interested in – the problems of Poverty, Waste, Pollution, Personal Health. These are all enormous problems to focus on, but many changes can be made in such simple ways. I will share ideas & problems with you as I come across them. Some of my ramblings may bore you to tears, but they are such important issues that I would love to focus on these together. (Pictured above is us at Made in the Streets in Nairobi, Kenya in 2005.)
I'm reading"The End of Poverty" by Jeffrey Sachs right now. It's not light reading and I don't promise to read it quickly, but I would love to have folks to discuss it with if you want to check it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment