Sunday, February 18, 2007

Blog Love/Hate + Eric Update

So this weekend I deleted a bunch of posts because my brother made me nervous about possible stalkers out there. That, plus I've been self-conscious about my posts. Anyway, right after I deleted them, Lance got mad & said I shouldn't delete them. Then, I got an email from Genah, who said thanks for posting about Eric's situation, she knew him & wouldn't have found out any other way about what was going on. So I'm over the "hate" part of the love/hate relationship. Sorry to those who actually enjoy reading my ramblings. I can't promise that I won't have another blog-binge-and-purge incident again. But I just want to repost about Eric's situation since it was one that I deleted...

Eric Volz, a Nashville native, climber, and acquaintence of Lance's was declared GUILTY for the murder of his girlfriend in Nicaraugua several days ago. This is tragic, as there is no evidence to suggest he is guilty, and the decision was based on the political tension that they feel towards Americans . Click here for updates to the case.

3 comments:

Libby said...

I've enjoyed all of your posts. I love seeing what's new with you guys, or just seeing what's on your mind. You almost have me convinced to try this myself...almost!

Courtney said...

I was a little concerned about crazy people reading my blog as well, so I just didn't put where lived or our last name. I am sure if someone wanted to find out they could, but it makes me feel better anyway. I love reading your posts, there is something new everyday! I like that you integrate some global awareness in your blog - we need to be reminded of these things more often!

Heather said...

You can make your Blog private if you are worried. That's what we did. Of course, that becomes null and void when other people link to your page on their sites... I finally had to come to a point where I gave up the paranoia and just trusted that we would be safe. Maybe you'll get there. But if you don't, it's okay. It is YOUR life and you need to do what feels right for you.