Thursday, April 19, 2007

Mexico

Where do I start? I’m now getting settled in from our vacation to Mexico, and I can’t wait to catch up on all of my BBF’s blogs. But first, here are a few highlights of our trip to Barcelo in Playa del Carmen.

Our trip to this all-inclusive resort was filled with great food and tons of sun. Since Lance is recovering from his 2nd surgery, we layed low off the water sports. But we did enjoy running on the beach, water aerobics, beachside yoga (okay, those were me), ocean big-wheels, good reads, holding lizards & exotic birds, and a trip to Coba. We had SUCH a great time.

As for traveling without our best little buddy? SO worth it. My sis-in-law kept E, and posted pictures on her (private) blog. That was SOOO nice to check in every couple of days & get updates. Yesterday E had the biggest smile on his face when we saw him. It made us super happy!!!

Anyway, it’s nice to be home. It’s also nice to be missed. No matter how great a vacation is, there’s no place like home.

strolling through playathose are our "ocean big-wheels," along w/some other ocean toys.here's us in the ocean for water aerobics - look close, you'll find mea home in coba that we visitedafter a dinner date, with our hotel in the background

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! You and your husband are such a cute couple! I am sure you missed your baby a ton, but you need those times away!

The Hadfields said...

Your trip looks awesome!! I'm glad that you survived a trip away from Ethan. It always boosts my courage when I hear my friends talk about how nice it is to have a break away from the little ones sometimes!!! The pictures are beautiful!! Glad you had fun and made it there and back safely!!

Heather said...

I CANNOT believe that you went on vacation and did water aerobics! You are hard-core, girl! Guess that's why you look fabulous!

Laurie said...

ohhhh. I wanna do ocean aerobics! Glad y'all got the chance to get away for a little while. It does the soul (and the marriage) good!

the robertsons said...

You guys really are adorable! We were almost there at the same time! Your resort looks beautiful, and all the activities sound wonderful! We didn't have water aerobics- I'm jealous...You probably didn't gain the "Mexican 5" like I did!