
I’ve recently become fascinated with a website called Wardrobe Refashion. They take take a pledge not to buy new clothes for a certain period of time, but they refashion old clothes & make them new! Anyway, I think it’s very interesting to see what they’ve come up with. While I’m not taking the pledge, I will undertake a refashion of my very own. But I NEED YOUR HELP! I bought this dress at the trift store b/c I was drawn to the fabric! Girly & funky – a bit like me. I thought it would make a cute shirt, dress, or skirt for the summer. I need you to help me decide! I could make it out of the pattern I used for my last shirt. After all, I own the pattern & kind-of know what I’m doing now with that one. Or I could try something new. Here are some patterns I thought were cute. Pattern One, Pattern Two, Pattern Three, Pattern Four, and Five.
Any suggestions? I want it to be EASY, and suitable for this fabric. Anyone w/sewing skills know which of these would be easiest?
12 comments:
I think that pattern #4 suits you best! -Moriah
I think all the patterns are cute...but being as that I can barely sew on a button ( I really have been meaning to learn how to sew!!!) I have no idea which dress would be the easiest. I am very impressed with your top! It's super cute!
I vote for number 2.
1 or 5. That's my vote.
I really like #4! That looks like it fits the fabric to me. Also, I really like the crossover effect w/the button of the original dress. I think you should try to incorporate it, and maybe it would be possible with #5?? Man, I wish I could sew...
oooh, I think the top of the dress makes it. It would be a shame to change that. If I were you, I'd shorten it to mid thigh and make a long top out of it to wear with leggings or jeans. Then make a sash out of what you trim off the bottom and tie it around the waist to ccver the elastic waist. Now THAT would be cute!!!
Are you ladies SERIOUS!? I'm entirely confused now. This is a riot - Everyone has a different opinion. Aaah!! I think you are all doing this to confuse me. No one's voted for 3. Someone do that just so we can come full circle! Ha!
i have a suggestion...take it back to goodwill or wipe up that spill in the kitchen.
i'm jus keeding...
I am so proud of you! I really like #2 but found in my sewing days that the Easy McCall's made up faster and with less hassle. Thus.I toss in #4. Of course it will depend on how much fabric you have.
Lance, hush!
I like 2(the straight strapless) and 4! In answer to your question about "bustin out the sewing machine," no I haven't! I am trying to get everything squared away with the sell of our house. I did just buy two patterns though in Nashville (for Will). My mom is going to help me - since the only thing I have done on a machine is sewing a straight line!!
You have inspired me to make clothes for myself too! I would also like to make pillows and things for the house! Good luck with the pattern you choose! I wish I had some sewing pointers!
To all of you brave young women who are thinking about sewing, just plow into it! I am a generation or two older and I took 4 years of Home Economics. (My children will probably disown me!) My mom always sewed and made me and my children clothes all of the time! Start with some inexpensive material and give it a try; if something goes wrong you won't have too much invested. But so many things can be fixed or redone. Good luck!
So now that I've figured out how to comment I'll have to go back and comment on all those I missed. I like pattern number one.:) And I'm sure this will help you narrow down your decision.*smile*
Post a Comment