I've told you before how I’ve been bringing my own grocery bags for a year now. I’ve been asked where to get them, and what type to buy so here are some thoughts. I have 4 bags, which is plenty to start out with. Mine are just simple basic totes, found free from company picnics, joining a bank, etc. I’m sure these are abundant at your local thrift store or yard sale. My German friend Julia also just sent me this clever tote (pictured), the Reisenthel Easy Bag. It’s awesome, but unfortunately doesn’t fit most US shopping carts.
If you are looking for style, something like this $19.95 beauty this would be great. Or, the height of hipster conservation is Anya Hindmarch’s I’m not a Plastic Bag bag (pictured), which is sold out in the US, but can be found on ebay.So Now - My recommendation? Simple grocery totes, which I've heard can be found at Kroger for $.99 and Publix for $1.49. If those options are not available, you can find plenty online. I would just recommend something simple, like this basic tote for $4.95.
3 comments:
cool links!! i love using my acme bag (found through reusablebags.com), especially since it packs up smaller than a pair of waterproof pants.
I love the "I am not a plastic bag"...but I am waiting for it to make it back in the US because the 150 bucks they want on ebay is INSANE!!!
I just bought envirosax and love them. They are lightweight, fold up really small, and come in great designs.
Post a Comment