Friday, June 15, 2007

100 Things About Me

I was challenged to do this by Libby, so here it goes!

1) I am a list maker.
2) I enjoy a bed that’s made.
3) I do not like ironing.
4) I must remind myself that a Jack of all Trades is a Master of None.
5) Oreos are best when dipped in milk.
6) I’d rather pick lint from my belly button than to watch professional sports on tv.
7) I don’t care about the other drummers. I march to the beat of mine.
8) I like doing 2 things at once. (Right now I’m feeding my son.)
9) I don’t like saying I will do something unless I have every intention of following through.
10) Right now, I’ve agreed to do too much. Not a good feeling.
11) My first tapes were Rickie Lee Jones & B-52’s.
12) I’ve always felt too funky or too conservative for someone’s tastes.
13) I want to be Martha Stewart.
14) Big men with tattoos don’t scare me.
15) I’m the youngest of 5.
16) I’ve always been more comfortable around folks older than me.
17) If I were a clothing store, I’d be Anthropologie.
18) I would love an Audi wagon.
19) I love borrowing & hand-me-downs.
20) I am an incessant door locker.
21) I love the artwork of Manet, Caravaggio, Sargent, Modigliani, David, & Daumier.
22) My day doesn’t start before my morning coffee.
23) My favorite sweets are coke floats, oreos, thin mints & chocolate malts.
24) I don't like it when people make decisions based on what others expect of them.
25) Brand Labels don’t impress me.
26) I have an addiction to 50s/early 60’s vintage table linens.
27) I believe that the need to be “right” doesn’t get you very far in life or with relationships.
28) Botox irritates me. I always looked 7 yrs younger than my age. Payback was going to come for me at 50, when I would only look 43. Now, I have no competitive advantage, because people can now buy that youth.
29) I rarely remember to use coupons.
30) I rarely remember to wear jewelry either.
31) Less Talk, More Action
32) My hair is so thick, it takes me like 45 minutes to blow it dry. So I never do.
33) I like being on time. Harder to do with a kid.
34) I love idea people.
35) I idea-plus-action people even more.
36) I do not like waiting in line.
37) I have flat index finger fingernails.
38) If I could have the luxury of a celebrity, it would be a personal hair stylist.
39) I love having friends that we can invite over when I don’t have makeup on, and am in my comfy clothes, and have not cleaned up for them.
40) I like a variety of foods…except for Indian or all things spicy.
41) I don’t enjoy talking about my feelings.
42) I like all types of people – from folks with spiky Mohawks to men w/ tassled loafers.
43) Unless you think you’re too-cool-for-school. I don’t like those types of people.
44) I hope I never have to do math again.
45) I want people to like me.
46) I love absorbing new cultures & adventures.
47) I’m not competitive. For me, it’s all about enjoying the journey.
48) I’ve only had one manicure & one pedicure.
49) I wish I read more.
50) I don’t like my feet.
51) I still remember every insult ever said to my face. Unfortunately, complements don’t remain so vivid in the same way.
52) I hate the learning curve.
53) I went to a high school where the soccer players were cool, and the cheerleaders were not.
54) I’m an optimist.
55) I’m pretty laid back, but I still like a good plan.
56) I would rather not chat on the phone.
57) I’m good with faces. Names? Not so much.
58) I don’t like long drives (and 20 minutes is a long drive).
59) This time last year, I’d never even read a single blog.
60) My most embarrassing CD Purchase ever? The “Genie in a Bottle” single. I can't believe I just shared that.
61) I’m a fan of brevity & bulletpoints.
62) …So this list is out of control for me!
63) I enjoy international travel.
64) I don’t try to lie, because I’m terrible at it.
65) If I had a superhuman power, it would be to teleport myself. Right now I’d be at the beach. Or maybe Italy for lunch.
66) I began liking grapefruit and cabbage this year.
67) I love Pictionary, but only have an opportunity to play about once every 5 years.
68) Hubby & I dated 3 ½ months before we got engaged.
69) When we married, we had known each other for 363 days.
70) I’m not a very good friend, but I’m trying to be a better one.
71) In conversation with others, I’m always afraid I’m boring someone.
72) That’s why I like blogs. If I’m boring, you can shut me off & it doesn’t hurt my feelings.
73) I have uneven Eyes, Eyebrows, Teeth. Now that I’ve pointed it out, I’ll be paranoid that you’re staring at them next time we speak.
74) I used to be funny. Now I’m too self-conscious.
75) I’ve been hit by a bus (while in a car) that read “Feel like you’ve been hit by a bus?” I know you think I’m lying, but remember? I can’t lie.
76) “These Arms of Mine” by Otis Redding is one of the greatest songs ever.
77) Am still obsessed with “La Cienega Just Smiled” by Ryan Adams
78) I strongly dislike people talking about me behind my back.
79) I try not to discuss conflict or hurt feelings with anyone but the person involved (and hubby, of course).
80) In 5 years of marriage, we’ve moved 7 times. Can that be right?
81) I never need to move again. Ever. Really.
82) I can’t WAIT to FINALLY decorate a house for Christmas!!!
83) I feel that since I’m fortunate enough to stay home, I should use what time I have to help those less fortunate.
84) I Loved & Miss my marketing job.
85) Puzzles are fun.
86) I’m good at color-matching.
87) I love to stop at lemonade stands in the summer.
88) My first car was a ’78 Ford Fairmont.
89) Used to believe that “variety is the spice of life.” Now I’m trying to “edit and focus.”
90) My family experienced an attempted robbery at gunpoint when I was 9.
91) I have 18 nieces and nephews.
92) I looked up my best childhood friend, Hannah, a few months ago. I haven’t seen her in years & years & years. I still remember her phone number and address from 20 years ago. It was so good to reconnect!!
93) I always welcome a friendly guest in my home. Friends, call me if you need a cozy room for the night.
94) I enjoy running, rock climbing and tennis. However, I do not excel in any of them.
95) I love organizational label makers.
96) I’m a big believer in making small changes in your life. Whether it’s budget, food, exercise, conservation…Huge changes overwhelm people. Small change after small change make a difference.
97) Speaking of…When I gave up Cokes for water, I lost about 5 pounds.
98) I like being productive.
99) I think it’s rude when people don’t make room for a new person who walks into a circle of conversation.
100) If I had any singing voice, it would be Norah Jones on Valentines Day, Bonnie Raitt on days when I had something serious to say, and Patty Griffin every other day.

Good Grief, that took forever! Thanks for sticking with me. Now blogger friends, your turn. I think I'm supposed to assign 5 people, so I'm tagging Amy, Casey, Courtney, Rachel & Melissa. But anyone else do it if you like. Stay tuned! I'm making Lance do it, so that will be coming soon!

15 comments:

Amanda Conley said...

I love the 100 things about you! If I weren't already friends with you I would want to be. AND I remember when you were hit by the bus! You were with Ferraby right?

The Hadfields said...

I like your list. And for some reason I read it backwards. I do that alot, I guess that should go on my list!! HA!

Libby said...

What a great list! I definitely learned some things about you, and a few things surprised me. I've never thought you were boring to talk to. I think you have one of the most interesting blogs!! Thanks for sharing! We need to get together and play pictionary soon. I stink at drawing, but I'm willing to try just to get to play a game!! I know there was more that I wanted to comment on, but by the time I get done with all 100 things I forget what I wanted to say! Maybe I should take notes...

kyllie said...

I stumbled onto your blog a few weeks ago by clicking link after link on some other blogs I visit, anyways just wanted to tell you I enjoy reading it a lot, and wanted to comment to let you know. The 100 things post is great!

Christine said...

I loved learning more about you but the funny thing is that even though we haven't seen much of each other since college, I feel like I already knew alot of that about you and remember. Isn't is funny how you remember so much about your college friends? It's the first time your on your own and no one knows your family and you have to tell everyone about you since they haven't known you all your life. I'm glad you march to your own drummer. That's what makes you Carrie! I'm sorry I never did the restaurant thing. I have a lot of family who reads my blog and mainly comes there to look at pictures and for some reason, I don't want them reading personal things like that. Is that weird? I would rather my friends read that kind of stuff than my family!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you liked to play tennis! We should play sometime. I would love to get together for a pictionary evening, too. However, I am very competitive, and somewhat of a bad sport, so I might make it onto your next list as a dislike!!

Renee said...

Great list, Carrie!! You are never boring to talk to, but now I worry that I talk on the phone too long with you. :)
I agree that drying hair is a waste of time though I suppose we're lucky ours looks good drying naturally!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

Yes, and He's now going by Ferraby Lionheart!! His music sounds pretty good, Amanda. http://www.ferrabylionheart.com/

Courtney said...

Oooo, I am so excited to be tagged! I will get on that! You have a great list, I feel like I have known you forever!!!

lance said...

i really like your list. i think it is a very realistic one, too. i sometimes like to think i am a certain way but know i am not. for instance, i like to think i dont care what people think about me but it isnt true. you were pretty honest.

Melissa P. said...

Great list! I love learning new things about my friends from the blogger world! Thank you for being so honest and vulnerable. Oh, and thanks for the 'tag'...I have already started making my list!

Marissa said...

I stumbled upon your blog, also, by clicking and clicking and then I stopped to read.
I really enjoy reading it and hopefully mine will be up and worth reading (fingers crossed) sooner rather than later!

josh and darci said...

LOVED reading about you, Carrie! I must say, not much of it surprised me. I think that's because you're a girl who is full of surprises. That's what makes you so wonderful!

the robertsons said...

You gave a slacker a tought task! I'm starting tonight. Loved your list- your coolness is reaffirmed :)!

jenny said...

I love #100, and I would have to agree. It made me think of Bonnie Raitt singing "Angel from Montgomery" - good call for the serious voice! :)