Okay, we're designing our kitchen, and will be completely moving out & getting started in September! So I need some advice from you, my blogging friends.
1) Do you know any local custom Cabinet Builders? We've met with one, but would like to get other quotes. We're going for a flush inset cabinet, like one of these.
2) Should we paint our house? We have to replace the brick on the whole left side (front & back) of our house. We may not be able to make a match. Lance is lobbying hard to paint it & save the trouble & money from the beginning.
3) Still debating what to do with the flour sifter! You guys gave me some great ideas, but just wondering if there are other ideas I should consider! It's about 11x13 inches.
11 comments:
I love the way your house looks with the natural brick, but if you can't match the brick I would paint it. I am a big fan of the painted brick look, and I think many of the Crieve Hall houses have really been spruced up by a good paint job on boring brick. The main difference, though, is that your house already looks great with the natural brick. What colors are you considering for paint?
We are in the middle of a kitchen remodel and using Russell Carney. The kitchen designer was Kym at French's Cabinet in Cool Springs--she is awesome and organized! Call me if you want to discuss more.
Oooo, I love painted brick! I think that would look great!
We used Custom Craft cabinets. We went to church with the owners and loved them and their work!
458 Bell Rd
Nashville, TN , 37217-3823
Phone: 615-361-4020
FAX: 615-361-4021
As for the brick, we're getting ready to do a new home project and we're going to cover the brick discrepancy will potted shrubs and trees. I guess it depends on how different it really is. As for painting, I love the painted homes too... they have quite a cottage effect. I'm no help for Nashville cabinet men.
I do know a good carpenter for hard woods. He may be able to give you some names. His name is Paul Rogers and he used to teach part-time in the DLU business department with Jeff Mankin.
I love the old flour box/sifter thing. All I can think of is one of the following: put flour or something in it so your kids can help dispense (for fun), make it part of a natural arrangement, turn it into an interesting stool, make it part of the lighting or just hang it on the wall... you can't lose... either way it's so cool!
The above was from Andrea-don... oops... forgot my name since I'm not queen blogger. : )
As for the flour sifter, could you...
- modify the structure a bit and use it as a canister for kitchen utensils (sitting on countertop)?
- hang it on the wall and add hooks so that you can hang towels, aprons, utensils, or pots/pans?
- will magnets stick to it? You could mount it on the wall and use it to hold pictures, coloring pages, or recipes.
Do you remember my parents house on Franklin Rd? (The one the new people tore down and put a weird compound in it's place :..( )
Well anyway, they pickled the brick (of our house, not the compound) and I loved it. That would look really cool on your house!
I like the idea of turning it upside down and using it as a hanging light. You can buy light kits at Home Depot and I think they are pretty easy.
hey carrie!
i just spent a few moments catching up on your blog and your beautiful daughter. congrats again!
love
tracy
Bruce at cabinets etc is building ours. I think he's pretty reasonable
Post a Comment