Friday, April 25, 2008

Lilac & Lavendar

This is our first Spring here at our house, so I was excited to see what was blooming. I had no idea that we had such beautiful & fragrant lilac blooms! So I began researching some ideas of things to do with the lilac, as well as the lavender we have growing in our yard. With the wreck and everything, I missed my window on clipping & drying the lilac. But I wanted to share some of the ideas I found online for using dried herbs, in case you have some growing in your yard too!

This or this Lavendar Sachet
Herbal Fire Starter
Bath Salts
Herb Place Cards
Herbed Salt
Lavendar & Rosemary Soap
Herbal Bath Tea

2 comments:

Amanda Conley said...

Lilac is one of my favorites. Ours is going strong right now too! I don't want it to end! Thanks for the tips on what to do with our herbs!!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

just now realizing that none of the things i posted actually use dried lilac. feel free to let me know if you have any ideas on how to keep the joy of lilac going!