Thursday, March 13, 2008

Getting Ready for Produce!

It's almost time for the CSA to get started again! If you are thinking about joining one, now's the time to make your choice about which farmer you'll join. My CSA, Avalon Acres, begins deliveries on April 30. If you missed it, here's the list of Pros & Cons I put together at the end of last season for your consideration.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Ok question...I was trying to research this on the website, do you think splitting 1/2 a bushel is enough for 2 couples? (like, me and my husband splitting one w/ my mom and dad) I soooo want to do this!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

That's absolutely the way to go. Last year, I split a 1/2 bushel with my parents. Hope you like it!

Carrie Sparks McClain said...

I've been waiting for the CSA reports to start again. I actually looked back at some of your posts from last year because I'm going to try growing a few things myself this year and wanted to try some of the different types of veggies that you received in your CSA. I look forward to your upcoming veggie posts.

Amber said...

Hi Carrie. I love that you blog about CSA's. It's great to get a firsthand account.