Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Traveling Update

We've decided not to take our toddler overseas, but we're leaving him at home and going ourselves! Anyway, thanks for all the advice.

I wanted to share some advice that I thought was great, thanks to Jennifer T's referral to the Fodor's website. Here it is: Take a ton of small, new toys. Keep them in packaging that can be opened w/o scissors on the plane. Wrap them all like presents, and bring them out in increments. We've done the new, cheap toy trick, but I hadn't thought to wrap them all up like presents! That buys some extra time, and every minute counts with a toddler on a plane! Anyway, I wanted to pass it along to you folks.

4 comments:

Amanda Conley said...

You guys will have so much fun! Did you decide where you'll be going??

caroline G said...

I went on an over seas flight several years ago and will never forget the saddness and pain on a young couples face that had a set of crying twins (maybe 8months). They cried for at least 5 hours straight. The flight attendant came around and tried to tell every passenger that sometimes young children can;t handle the ear pressure of a flight.
I might pack presents to give out on the plane...just incase you have some twins on board!

Where are you going?!?

Rachel said...

Good Decision! You'll enjoy it alot more! :)

Amy said...

I don't blame you for leaving Ethan behind. That would make me a nervous wreck. Plus, you need some time alone before baby #2!!