Monday, December 10, 2007

Thanks, Ladies.

Do you ever get down on yourself and think “I have no friends, no one likes me. Woe is me!” Okay, maybe it’s just me. But that’s what I was going through this time last year. I was sad that certain relationships weren’t maturing the way I wanted, and I was missing depth in friendships that I really longed for.

Well, lately, I’ve been feeling truly blessed by friendships. I’m now surrounded by some great women who I know really care about me, and value my friendship. But what I do a terrible job of is telling people that I appreciate them. SO, to my friends…I’m going to take a turn towards the sappy and say that I love you & appreciate you so much!

Yes, I should say this in person. But I’m no good at being sappy, so it’s baby steps, y’all.

8 comments:

Amanda Conley said...

I sometimes feel like since I have to stay home so much because of the kids, it's really hard to maintain friendships. It's nice to know other people sometimes feel the same as me. And I'm so thankful that blogging has (somewhat) helped me not feel so isolated!
We should get together soon!

lance said...

i always like you...

Heather B Mc said...

Thanks Carrie!! I am feeling some of that love is for me.Right? You rock and I think you are super fabulous and have no reason to feel insecure in any way!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Carrie, you are one of my most treasured friendships, and you contribute alot to a friendship. I also feel, though, that friendships sort of go through seasons, just as our lives and any other relationships do. I am so glad, though, that you have found the types of friendships you were really needing. What a blessing!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

thanks y'all. if you're thinking you're one of those ladies, you are!! i love you!

amanda, i would love to get together soon! dec. is crazy, so let's do it next month!!

Amanda Conley said...

January is great. ;)

Rachel said...

Well, I love you to death and am sooo glad you joined playgroup 11 months ago! I think you're a great person and feel blessed to have you in my life!

Renee said...

As Libby and I told you a long time ago, one of the best things about having a awesome brother is gaining a fabulous sister-in-law. You're the best!!