Wednesday, June 01, 2011

CSA 2011, Week 4

This week, we received: a bag of mixed greens, strawberries, green onion, strawberries, kohlrabi, cabbage, radishes, snowpea, bibb lettuce, broccoli, lemon balm, and some dark green (mustard greens?). (We were traveling and missed week 3). I just looked back at 2009, and May was pretty similar. The only thing we didn't receive this year were garlic scapes. Bummer, I was looking forward to trying out some garlic scape pesto.

If June this year is like it was in 2009, here's what we'll be eating (it starts to get fun in June!): Various Spring Greens, English Peas, Green onions, Cabbage, Kohlrabi, Swiss chard, Broccoli, Potatoes, Strawberries, Garlic scapes, Purple Cauliflower, Carrots, Onion, Potatoes, Herbs, Peaches, Garlic Scapes, Greens, Green Beans, Blackberries, Carrots, Onion, Cucumbers, Zucchini, Beets, Broccoli, Radishes, Squash, Cauliflower, yellow zucchini, garlic, Green Pepper, Pole Beans, Cucumbers, Potatoes, Corn, & Garlic!!!

2 comments:

jennygale said...

Looks so good, Carrie! What do you do with the kohlrabi? I'm excited to try ours - maybe roasted.

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

This is what I've been doing with mine. We've really liked it!!!

http://kitchen-parade-veggieventure.blogspot.com/2007/01/roasted-vegetables-roasted-kohlrabi.html