Tuesday, June 07, 2011

CSA 2010, Week 5

This week we received: kohlrabi, broccoli, onion, blueberries, Kale, buttercrunch lettuce, cabbage, beets. I'm still working to like greens. This week I made this greens recipe (with the kale, kohlrabi greens, and beet greens). I had some pancetta leftover from another recipe, so I used in place of the ham. Lance said it was the best greens he's ever eaten. We still don't love them, but we're making progress. We do, however, love kohlrabi! I roasted mine, and topped it off with a sprinkle of very good balsamic vinegar that we received as a gift. (Side note: Wow - have you ever had a good bottle of balsamic vinegar? I hadn't, but there is a huge difference. It's delicious!)

What are you cooking this week? Happy Cooking!

4 comments:

Lauren S said...

We have a great EVOO/balsamic store here in Denver. We recently bought a bottle of blueberry balsamic, and it is so good! It's great on vanilla ice cream and in salad dressing. It's super fun to go the store and taste all the crazy flavors.

Sarah said...

Roasting kohlrabi is my favorite way to eat it! What kind of balsamic vinegar was it?

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

I linked to it in the blog post. It's by "B.R. Cohn". Friends from Colorado brought it to us, actually!!!

Anonymous said...

Get this: Jeanie just gave me some chocolate balsamic vinegar from The Filling Station, Chelsea Market , www.thefillingstation.com. It's yummy; also some blood orange oil. a splash of each is delectable on a salad. Oh, Lauren, this too is marked EVOO though I don't know what that means. //////////zoe