Thursday, September 09, 2010

Ethan & Cars

It's hard to believe that Ethan was about the same age as KB is now in this video. I was pregnant with Katie Belle, and Ethan loved cars. He would sit and look at car magazines for ages. He wanted to talk about them in parking lots. He couldn't get enough. Ethan could recognize about 20+ car manufacturers. He recognized the difference between a Honda and a Hyundai. He recognized that the old Kitchen Aid's logo looked just like a Nissan one. Once he folded a french fry in half, and said, "Acura!" It's hard to believe that all that car knowledge is gone. Am I glad he replaced the memorization of car logos with that of numbers & letters? oh yes. But it's just fascinating that something that so consumed him has vanished. Now he's moved onto legos, action figures, & Star Wars. I can't wait to see what's next for my little ones!

3 comments:

Renee said...

moving past all those sweet moments would be so sad if it weren't for the fact that kids continue to grow in amazing and beautiful ways.

mitsubishi was always my favortie -- bishi-bishi!!! :)

The Hadfields said...

I've thought the same thing about Sophie and her memorization of books and movies and songs at that age. I think it even amazes her now!! :)

Anonymous said...

They grow up so fast. Enjoy each stage.