Monday, March 01, 2010
Seeds
Our seeds came in from Seed Savers Exchange, a non-profit that preserves heirloom seeds. Although E usually avoids the camera like the plague, he insisted on hopping in front of this picture.
Finally I got a picture. We ordered the following heirloom seeds: Scarlet Nantes Carrots, Detroit Dark Red Beets, Arugula, Cilantro, Pride of Wisconsin Melon, Sweet Genovese Basil, Napolean Sweet Pepper, Dragon Carrot, and German Pink Tomato.
Last year, I also saved some seeds myself, which I have no idea how they will turn out, but I thought it was worth a shot. They are: Cherokee Purple Tomatoes (which Karina introduced me too, and they are DELICIOUS), white eggplant, some yellow heirloom tomatoes, and lemon cucumbers. Yesterday, I started my tomato, basil, and red pepper seeds indoors. I'm ready for Spring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have tons of the most beautiful zinnia seeds if you want some. I saved all of my zinnia flower heads when I was pregnant with Walker and let them dry out and harvested them. Let me know if you want some. They are the most delightful colors and the more you cut them, the more they bloom and you always have fresh flowers in your house. They also grow to be about 5 feet tall! Will you do a post when you start planting your seeds? We would like to start a garden this year and it will all be new to me.
Post a Comment