Tuesday, March 02, 2010

A Cool Story

Last week, Lance went climbing. It was a new location to him, so he called to ask permission from the landowner. It was an elderly woman whose husband had passed away a couple of years ago. "Would it be weird if I brought her flowers?" Lance asked me. I told him I thought it would be a nice gesture. The next morning, he was unsure if he would do it as he left for his climbing outing. He decided to do it, and as he left her with the flowers, she smiled and said, "Today is my anniversary."

I thought this was great reminder that you never know how God uses you in someone else's life. It's like her husband still got to send her some anniversary flowers, regardless of whether he was here or not. Cool, huh?

11 comments:

Libby said...

How sweet! God is amazing, and Lance is pretty nice too!! :)

Tabatha said...

Way cool!

Lauren S said...

That is wonderful!

Renee said...

okay, i'm crying...that is just awesome.

Carrie Sparks McClain said...

That is a great story and such a sweet gesture by Lance!

Laurie said...

Love it! God is so cool!

Laurie said...

Love it! God is so cool!

Yolanda said...

Perfect:)

Anonymous said...

that's an amazing story! thanks for sharing- and for reminding us to go ahead with seemingly out of the blue ideas we have! way to go Lance for going ahead with it ( :
Emily

lyla said...

made me cry. i am such a sucker for a sweet story.

Christine said...

I love stories like this!