Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Oral Challenge for Peanut

Keep us in your thoughts & prayers. In the morning (8 am), we go to the allergist for an oral challenge for peanuts. Ethan eats Reese's Pieces. This will either be a very exciting or very unpleasant day.

8 comments:

Tabatha said...

Praying for "very exciting"!

Anonymous said...

I hope it goes well for you both!! I do want to ask, though, what happened that made you decide to do this? I have a 2 year old who I was told is allergic to milk, eggs & peanuts, but his numbers dropped for milk & peanuts. But I wasn't sure when they decide to do an oral challenge for any of it. We haven't even been to an allergist, just the pediatrician.

Christine said...

Keep us updated. Will say a prayer for your sweet little E! P.S. Ethan, Reese's Piece's are my favorite!!!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

Well, that's where an allergist comes in. I've never heard of a pediatrician performing an oral challenge.

Ethan's numbers on his bloodwork were low enough that they aren't "negative" but low enough that the oral challenge is the only true, definitive way to determine if it is a true allergy.

I'll post more about the oral challenge tomorrow.

Minama & Bitaba said...

You can be sure that Minama & Bitaba will be praying for the "BEST".

Carrie Sparks McClain said...

Good luck! I hope everything turns out well.

Sarah said...

Thanks for keeping us updated on Ethan's allergies. Hope peanut butter is in his future!

The Hadfields said...

HOOORRRAAYYYY!!!