Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Creative Inspiration

I thought I'd share my favorite spots to find creative inspiration on the web. Do you have a favorite blog or website? Feeling Stitchy - Hand Embroidery, often with an attitude. (pictured above is from nanacompany, via feeling stitchy.
Purl Bee - A variety of professional quality fabric projects & tutorials. No food, no kid features...just projects
Feltomania - I can't understand a word, but they showcase lots of felt crafts.

How about Orange - This girl loves orange, has lots of great DIYs and a variety of projects
Dana Made It - She makes her daughter the cutest little clothes!
Shim & Sons - A designer who comes up with clean, polished projects
Anna Maria Horner - a local fabric designer & mama
Twig & Thistle - A designer who showcases her designs, projects, and other pretty things
Angry Chicken - It has nothing to do with angry chickens. She is the author of "Bend the Rules Sewing" & posts lots of fun sewing projects & other inspiration.
Makes & Takes - Creative projects for kids
Skip to my Lou - More creative projects for Kids
The Crafty Crow - And even more creative projects for kids

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite non-friends/family blog is MckMama at www.mycharmingkids.net. I would love to be able to write like she does, and she gives good photography tips.

Laura said...

I follow some that you mentioned. Here's another good one:
http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/

Sarah said...

I second the soulemama website and I also like sew liberated at http://sewliberated.typepad.com/sew_liberated/. Thanks for listing your favs!