Friday, January 29, 2010

Creamed Barley Risotto

This morning we woke up to a dry morning, but boy, did it come down today or what? So I though to myself...What better day to make homemade chicken broth for the first time. More on that later. But now I had my yummy homemade chicken broth & ran across a recipe using up some pearl barley. Does Creamed Barley Risotto sound delicious to you, or am I just that odd? Ahhh....it was SO good. I took the steaming hot risotto out to the family while they were playing in the snow, and they were loving it. Everyone gobbled it up (even those kids!) I don't know if it was the recipe or the homemade chicken broth, but it was delish.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I drove by y'alls house today on the way home from my class! (Yes, ONE class...yay for cancellations!)
I was hoping I would see my favorites out playing in the yard. Good to see they enjoyed the snow! Love you!

TheGlissonFamily said...

Ooh, that does sound good!