Friday, October 03, 2008

Wallpaper?

Our "While We're At It" List is growing by the day. Things that we wanted to do someday just make sense for us to do now, while we have moved out & we have contractors in our house. This is one of them. This is our second bathroom. It's a tiny bathroom, shared by the 2 kids and a guest bedroom. I've been wanting to change it since we moved in, so now may be the time. The floors are white with black check. I love this wallpaper. I love that wallpaper is back in. And completely ungranny. The bathroom is tiny, so it would be sparse. But Is it too bleak? I've found some pretty wallpaper sources here. And Target has some too (I'm feelin' this one)! Feel free to make recommendations, designers.

5 comments:

Moriah said...

I personally like the one from Target... Infuse a little color! I'm no designer, though!

Rachel said...

Go Target... I love it! DO it, do it, do it!

Elizabeth S said...

I love the one from Target. Out of your choices, it's my favorite.

Amanda Conley said...

I think the reason you're feelin' the one from from Target is because it's the best! I like the one from Anthro too, but I'm partial to a little color...and $198 a roll???Go with Target!!

Unknown said...

Hey there! I'm going to go against the grain of your other commenters, I think the one from Anthro is SO pretty and not too drab at all if you treat it as a neutral and use your bathroom linens (bathmat, towels, shower curtain and maybe even window treatment) to inject a pop of color. Think sunny yellow, sky blue or apple green solids (all items the same color, not a rainbow of linens).
Painting the area that is now black with something like a light gray will lighten up the room tremendously, and the vertical lines of the print will make your ceiling look higher.

Don't get me wrong, the one from target is super fun, my biggest concern with that one is scale - did they show it a room at all? If that pattern is large you're going to loose the effect everywhere but that one chunk of wall above the toilet.
There's my 2 cents!