Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Super Baby Food

Do you have "Super Baby Food"? If you are a parent, you've got to pick it up. It has SO much information, that it can be a bit overwhelming. But it’s nice to have it all the info you might ever need about feeding your child, all in one place.

Here are just some of the topics included in this book:
Baby-Feeding Info
Super healthy recipes for babies – toddlers.
Extensive information on diet and nutrition
Money & Timesaving Tips
Childcare & Prenting tips.
Food decorating, cake patterns, and toddler party ideas
Craft Ideas
Recipes for household products, such as baby-safe drain cleaners, furniture polish, window cleaners, baby wipes & more.

Here is just a few of the countless headings:
How to Buy & Store Legumes
The Super Baby Food Diet
How to make Homemade Oil Spray
Freezing Eggs
Toddler Take-Along Lunches
How to make a Homemade Sticker Book
How to remove Urine Stains & Odors
Growing Herbs in your Window Sill
How to get more Vitamin D in your Diet

I look at this book pretty regularly to get ideas on lunches, crafts, nutrition, etc! Today's Tip from "Super Baby Food": Sandwiches made with these fillings can be frozen for up to 2 months: peanut butter, jelly, cream cheese, hummus, prune butter, tuna salad, mashed banaba & yogurt cheese.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carrie- I LOVE that book! I got it with J originally but only used it a little, but more recently with E I've been using it a lot. Also (and i tried to post this on the post yesterday but my internet freaked out) as far as things to get my kid to eat a variety of things- I've recently involved him a lot more in making things with me in the kitchen. i'd always had him help me bake things (i.e., cookies) but read somewhere that it's good to make sure they get to help make all kinds of things so they don't only associate the fun of helping mom (or dad) with making sweets! I've noticed that if he helped make it, he is WAY more likely to try it without complaint...
Emily

Carrie Sparks McClain said...

I got this book from the library when I was pregnant and loved it. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to put it to action with Abbey, but highly recommend it to anyone who can.

Ginger said...

I have heard about this book, but do not own it. Will look for it in the library. Do you have The Baby Bistro Cookbook? A really great resource for healthy baby food and kid-friendly recipes. Everything I have tried from that book is delicious.