A week of fundraising for The Seed Project is over, and about 7 parties raised around $1125 for GAIA and $2013 for Heifer Int'l. Saturday night, Jen celebrated her 30th b-day with a dose of generosity, asking $10 from each guest. Her mom dressed up her dog as a heifer & brought a cow cake!
We hosted a brunch on Saturday as part of the fundraising week. I forgot to take a picture of the event, but the remains are pictured above. I've been meaning to make Danielle's Breakfast Casserole, similar to this one. And the egg-dairy-free pancake recipe that Karina sent me. Both were EXCELLENT!
DAIRY/EGG-FREE FRUITY OATMEAL PANCAKES
1 cup oat flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup rice milk
3/4 cup pulp free orange juice
1 banana, mashed
10 strawberries, mashed
1/2 pint blueberries
Mix first 5 dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Mash your banana and strawberries together in a seperate bowl. Add whole blueberries, milk and OJ to the banana mix and stir together. Pour fruit mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until moist. Add more milk or juice if you like a thinner batter. Set batter aside for 10 minutes. Preheat your griddle to 350 degrees. Pour 1/4 cup batter on griddle and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes or until the bottom side is golden or the top of the pancake starts to bubble. Flip and cook on other side until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes. Serve with butter and syrup, honey or fresh fruit on top.
3 comments:
That is great that so much was raised!
Great job, Carrie!! (I can't wait to make these pancakes.)
Thanks for your tips. I'm just getting started with GF/CF. This is a big, much needed departure for me and I'm eager to learn all I can. Please pass along any tips you have.
Here is the link to the doctor we see:
http://www.csfmed.net/
Dr. Kalb is a DAN! (Defeat Autism Now) doctor, and a family physician. I think he'd be great to talk to if about immunizations. Most kids are done by 15 months, and then have a booster at 5. I didn't know any different, but now that I really think about it, that is a LOT to expose a little immune system to in a short period of time.
Oh, and I think I recognize your husband from Brentwood Hills years ago!
Post a Comment