Two years ago, I did not know what a "lovie" was. But when E. was 3 months old, we struggled with naptime & worked on getting him a regular schedule. We tried everything & discovered that what worked best was this cute little "Ducky" that we received from Frances before his birth. To this day, he loves to curl up with it when he goes to bed. Whenever we see a sight like the one above, it's surely time to take a nap! If you don't have kids, make a mental note that you should definitely get yourself a lovie if/when you have kids!
8 comments:
Sophie has an elephant and she does the same thing with hers!! She actually has 2 blankies!! (don't ask!) I personally think it's precious!!
That's great! Mc's "lovie" is a black teddy bear we call "black bear".
I know, very creative!
I always find it srange and funny which things they are going to pick to attach themselves to! I always recieve some blanket or stuffed animal that is my absolute favorite before they are born and I wait eagerly for them to love the same thing as me, but they always surprise me and pick something totally different! Kaleb was attached to this ugly brown blanket that he loved to pick all the "fuzz" off of, Elijah fell in love with a cardboard cut-out of Dora that he could never sleep without (wierd, I know) and Emet has become attached to the only baby blanket I recieved that has to be "hand-washed"! To watch their different personalities come alive is such a blessing!
Love that picture, he is worn out! Will has "bear bear." He loves it!
oh, how sweet!!
jack has an alligator that he named warmswamps (because that's where they live, you know!) and we HAVE to have it to fall asleep.
these are precious times!
Henley has the same "ducky", but she gets confused and likes to suckle the beak. I had a "lovie" up until college, and it had holes all in it. Sweet picture!
My Matthew has Puppy. He loves his puppy and instantly sucks his thumb when he even sees it. He never sucks it otherwise. It is such security for him. My daughter used a cloth diaper, but grew out of it around age 2. Matthew still holds on to his puppy and he's 3. I think it's absolutely precious.
Joshua, our 3 year old, has about 5 different ones in his bed right now. (Puppy, Dusty, Monkey, Teddy, and Champ -- I know, way too many!) But Andi, at 4 months, is just loving anything soft and cuddly.
This is my first comment on your blog, but I've been a devoted reader for months. Thanks for sharing your world with ours.
Post a Comment