Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Did I just do that?

This is a proud moment in my life. After tons of hours & do-overs, I'm finishing up my shirt! The fabric (from the free shash) is a linen, with orange & green embroidered flowers. Surely it's from the 70's. It actually fits, and I actually like it! The craftsmanship is not the best, but I just won't let anyone get too close. Anyway, I just have to add buttons/buttonholes to the back and I'm done. Rachel...we're coming over.

12 comments:

Libby said...

Great job! Is there anything you can't do?!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

math.

lance said...

i am VERY proud of you sweetie.

Renee said...

Very cool -- congratulations on finishing it!!

Rachel said...

Yeah!!! It looks great! Come on over and we'll do the buttonholes. You'll be so excited when you see how easy it is!!!

Heather said...

Fantastic! I SO wish I knew how to sew. I get ideas in my head, then spend hours searching stores for the "perfect" piece. Could probably save a lot of time and headaches if I knew how to do it myself!

The Hadfields said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Hadfields said...

I love the shirt Carrie, you are so talented!! I wish I could have seen the piece about your friend on the Today show. That whole story is so fascinating to me! I hope it turns out in his favor. Keep us updated!

the robertsons said...

I'm again impressed by your talents!

Lindsay said...

I'm very impressed. It's so cute!

amanda said...

ok, that is way cute!

i want to learn how to sew!

Courtney said...

I am so impressed...love that fabric!!!