Friday, August 06, 2010

30 Weeks

I can't believe that I'm 30 weeks! Time flies with baby #3. Except for the heat, which continually reminds me that it is NOT fun to be pregnant in this Southern Summer! 3rd Trimester + 100 Degree Temperatures = One Grumpy Pregnant Lady.

We still haven't gotten anywhere with the baby names. Here's where I go out on a limb and say, "Suggestions, Anyone?" Feel free to suggest, as long as you don't get your feelings hurt if we don't pick your name. We are having a hard time with this one! I liked Ruby (a family name on my side) but I know a dozen baby Ruby's right now!!!

17 comments:

Keeley said...

I have a friend that has a little girl named Mattingly. I think it is too cute. If you like uncommon, original names (which I do), then you won't find many of these out there.

Anonymous said...

Zeus, Archibald, Carmilia, McIntosh, Swizzlestick, Zanzibar, Bertha, Sharmain, Napkin or Ot.

C'mon. Who wouldn't love Ot Brock?

Renee said...

sadly, i know that the previous post by 'chuck' MUST be by my one-and-only. he has a horrible track record on baby-naming.

my suggestion is Louise. it's a family name on both sides of our family (so maybe i'm partial) but i think it's such a sweet name.

and, of course, there's always the name i wanted for Emma -- Sophie.

whatever you choose will be perfect! :)

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

i guess i asked for that, chuck. i do love the name otto for a boy (my granddad's name). so Ot Brock sounds pretty good to me. :)

jenny said...

Alice, Vera, Leisel, Veda, Eloise. My picks if I were to ever have a girl. Which is not looking to be likely! ;) But for what it's worth, I think Ruby is adorable, and fits nicely with your other kids' names! Good luck! Oh, and you look GREAT!

Tabatha said...

Lael...my favorite girl name ever. It comes from Hebrew and means "from God" or "of God". Ruby Lael would be perfect ;)

Anonymous said...

I like Ruby too. If you think you would regret not having a daughter named that, I think you should use it, even if it is becoming more in use.

We've already discussed a couple of these, but I'll restate my favorites.

Just wanted to add that a 3 syllable name sounds good with Brock, like Katie Belle. Most of my favorites for you are 3 syllables.

Alice
Lucinda- sounds great with your last name
Marilla- From Anne of Green Gables
Hyacinth- From my favorite British comedy

And my favorite for you...Vidalia! She would know no others with her name. She'd never be mistaken for a northerner. And, best of all, there's a great country song by that name! Who could ask for more???

julia said...

Hey Carrie, have been gone and our move prevented me from writing and keeping up with your blog. Wow, you look beautiful! Only 2 more months. That´s crazy! Here our some names that I like: Ada, Jocelyn, Heidi, Mae, and Emmi. Ruby is a winner for sure. We almost named Nelly Ellen Ruby Mae. Oh, you guys will know when the time comes.... you have made good choices so far! :) have fun!!

Dad B said...

Of course Mimama & I agree with Renee'. Another possible is Phoebe.
My maternal grandmother.

Bittaba

The Hadfields said...

Can't believe you are already 30 weeks either! Hmmmm....I love Ruby. And there is nothing wrong with knowing other Ruby's. Especially if it's a family name! I've always liked Elena (Alaina). We thought about naming Sophie that, but couldn't agree on how to spell it.

I have a friend with a little girl named Jillian. Everyone called her Jilli-bean and I think it's precious.

I also love the name Ellen. I know a girl named Ellen, but she goes by Ellie and it's so girlie and cute!

Good luck. It's a big decision!! And you look great. :)

Minama said...

Since everyone is weighing in I'll toss out a couple. Of course I love family names and love my grandmother's name Lena; she was as soft and sweet as her name. She had a dear friend who was also from Switzerland named Karlena. As said before, ya'll seem to do great with names but just hold Lance off on the "Isabelle".

Jennifer Masterson said...

Sadie, Lyla, Rose, Tess, Tessa

Ginger said...

I will throw some out too, especially since I will never have the chance to name a girl and I love talking about girl names!!!

I agree with everyone that you should use Ruby regardless of it's upcoming popularity. Ruby Mae Brock is an adorable name.

I also love Ruth--one of my favorite girl names that I wanted to use. It sounds good with any middle name and Ruthie is a a cute nickname.

Keeley said...

What about Lily? Lily Brock sounds so cute. It is along the lines of Ruby, but a bit different. I don't know too many Lily's. If you like Mae as a middle name, Lily Mae also works. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

you are THE cutest pregnant person...i love it!

hannah :)

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

lots of good suggstions. several of these are even on our list! still none that right now stand out as frontrunners, but there are several in consideration...

ethan wasn't really a standout name for us either until he was nearly born, so hopefully i'm sure we'll figure it out eventually!

Katie said...

I had planned to go with Molly or Lucy if we were having a girl.