
And now to canning peaches! I had my very first solo run of canning! It went well, but was time consuming. And I goofed a bit. I thought things were going well, but lost some of the liquid during the canning process. Major bummer. So these are still okay to eat, but I've read that I really should get around to eating them sooner than later, due to the loss of liquids. That stinks, because I was really looking forward to opening these this winter! My kids love those little travel-sized packs of peaches, so this was my attempt at preserving something similar. No preservatives, just peaches + sugar!
Boy are they yummy.
4 comments:
Beautiful! Looks like you did a great job, Carrie.
Yum! Did you use ripe or semi-hard peaches?
we opened a jar of ours out of curiosity. they were fabulous!
i used ripe (but not overripe). i think the hard ones are difficult to peel. they are delicious!!!
Post a Comment