So we've pretty much decided to just stay here until after the baby is born. Like I've said before, the insurance process is moving at a snail's pace, so we're probably going to just stay here until that is all settled. Although I haven't started unpacking the boxes I've already boxed up. I'm not quite that confident in our new plan.I'm also starting to get very nervous about the whole settlement process. The estimate that our contractor came back with is Tens and Tens of Thousands of dollars more than the one the insurance company provided. I'm getting the sinking feeling that we're going to be spending a lot of our money to get the repairs completed. How is it fair that we have to negotiate, like we're buying a used car? Shouldn't they just flat out pay for the repairs, no matter how much they cost? Someone hit our house while we were sleeping, and now we will have to use some of our own money? Didn't we hire the insurance company to work on our behalf?
I'm trying to remind myself that this will be okay. I don't know how, and it may not be cheap or easy, but we'll be fine. I can just get pretty frustrated if I let myself dwell in the moment.
7 comments:
I understand your frustration...it's like why do I pay for homeowner's insurance if when I actually need it I don't get taken care of! Pretty crazy I agree...it's wrong really. I hope it all works out for you guys though...
Wow, that has to be so frustrating and disheartening. You are in my prayers for sure and God will work it out! He always does...
I am praying for you guys.
Yes, you will get through it and it will all work out. But it is totally normal to have times of real frustration. Everything with the insurance companies seems to be like a chess match. Good luck, and I'll be praying for you.
Carrie, I am praying.
I know firsthand how frustrating this can be. We discovered mold in our bathroom walls while I was pregnant with Jack and because there was no way to determine the EXACT DATE THE MOLD STARTED GROWING, we got ZERO from the insurance company. We got a new bathroom, but it is a very scaled-back bathroom and we had to pay for it ourselves. Sometimes I wonder, too, why we pay for insurance.
Nevertheless, I'll be praying - and I believe in my heart that everything will work out for you guys!
that is really really frustrating! i will continue praying for you guys...it seems so ridiculous and wrong! hopefully it will work out better than it seems it might right now!
Sometimes I wish we could scrap the whole insurance thing *in all aspects* (health, house, car...) and find a better way! Cause it sure doesn't seem to work in it's current situation, does it?
Praying!!
Post a Comment