Thursday, May 29, 2008

Since You're Reading This...

I thought I'd just ask...do you have any bedroom furniture you need to get rid of? I'm hunting for painted white (real) wood furniture for the baby's room. If it's cheap enough, we're fine with sanding/painting ourselves. We mostly just need a dresser, but want a few other items if the price is right. We're looking for very specific sizes, since it's a small space. Since many of you are parents, I thought you might be in the market to get rid of some of the below items...

Dresser
Changing Table
Armoire
Side Table
Bench/Toy Chest
Hanging Display Shelf/Shelves for the Wall

Let me know if you have any ideas or items you need to get rid of!

6 comments:

Elizabeth S said...

I have a glider rocker that I am getting ready to sell. You may not have room for it, but it works really well. Campbell doesn't like to rock, so I never sit in it. Right now it is wood color, and the cushions need to be recovered. They are a mauve color; someone gave me the chair and I never changed them. Anyway, I am selling it for $75 OBO.

Ryan said...

We used all white wood furniture for Mary Paul's room and found a cute shelf and dresser at the Curly Willow in Nolensville. They have good prices and will often negotiate some. They also have things that can be repurposed. There are, three maybe, other stores where you can also find good deals. Good luck!!!

caroline G said...

Check my blog friend Jennie's blog. They are in Nashville and trying to get rid of some furniture.

Rachel said...

I have a few antique pieces you might be interested in. They aren't white though.

Heather said...

You might have some luck on Freecycle.org or Freepeats.org. -- like Craigslist, only everything is free! Both are "green" sites, so I know you'll love them. ;o)

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

Thanks Elizabeth, but we do have a glider. I've already been looking on Craigslist, and haven't found anything. But I'll keep on looking. There is so much listed there every day!

I'll have to check out Jennie's blog & the Curly Willow! Thanks! Any more ideas, keep them coming!

Rachel, I'd love to check them out tomorrow.