Wednesday, May 21, 2008

CSA, Week 3

This year's CSA has started & we've been enjoying strawberries, radishes, lettuces, green onions, asparagus, cauliflower, thyme, cabbage...Green onions have been coming out of my ears, but thanks to this guy on You Tube, they are now frozen & ready to use whenever I need them. Aside from the strawberries, the CSA hasn't gotten too exciting yet, but the growing season is just getting started!

If you are also experiencing an influx of veggies, you can learn how to freeze vegetables/fruits this or this Guide to Freezing Vegetables.

4 comments:

Carrie Sparks McClain said...

Yeah, CSA! I was wondering if you had received anything yet. I love these posts especially the pictures. It is encouraging. My tomatoes are doing well and I saw some little leaves coming out of my zucchini hill yesterday. I think I might go to the Farmers Market Saturday to see what they have. Keep the CSA posts coming!

Anonymous said...

Yummy to the strawberries, and yuck to the green onions. I like getting updates, though, on what is in each of your weekly deliveries.

Libby said...

That's cool that you can freeze green onions. I'll have to remember that. It would be nice to always have some on hand.

Whitney said...

I'm so sad I didn't sign up for CSA this year! We totally missed the boat. I'm going to next year for sure though.