PUMPKIN BREAD
Sift together and set aside the following:
3½ c. whole wheat flour (or mixture of flours)
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. each cinnamon and allspice
2 c. sugar (or 1¼ c. fructose)
Mix together the following; then add to mixed dry ingredients above
½ c. honey
1¾ c. freshly cooked pureed pumpkin (or 15 oz. canned pumpkin)
1/3 c. canola oil
1 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/3 c. water
Mix wet and dry ingredients just till well blended. Then divide between two sprayed/greased loaf pans. Bake for 60 min. (or until done) at 350°. Let cool in pans for 10 min. before removing. Moist and tasty! You'd never guess it has no eggs and little fat.
5 comments:
The kids LOVED it!! Thanks for posting the recipe...we'll make it very soon!
Do you know if it changes the cooking temp. or time to use the mini loaf pans? I am thinking of trying something like this to give as Christmas presents, and I would prefer the smaller sizes.
I would think that you might just shorten the cook time, but at the same temp. I haven't done that with this recipe, but have with other breads & they turned out well.
Yum Yum! What a good gift-giver you are!
notice the absence of the boys (lance, e and sam)
yum!
Post a Comment