All this talk about sneaking in vegetable purees got me thinking. Jessica Seinfeld and Missy Chase Lapine both recently authored cookbooks on the topic. So, if they can do it, why can't I?So I decided to sneak in a little carrot puree in these vegan gingerbread men. (Molasses from ging. cookies is full of calcium!)
And I snuck in a little spinach puree into my Pumpkin Black Bean soup! Both were undetected! (And ethan has been walking around all day, saying "Man!...Man!" whenever he's hungry for a little gingerbread man.)
Both authors advocate still encouraging your child to eat vegetables on their own. Of course this is a great idea, and I'll still do that. But in the meantime, I feel like I have a few small victories under my belt today. I cannot get E to eat carrots for the life of me. Yeah!!
5 comments:
sooo. julie roberts wants to be you and you feel like seinfelds wife. does that mean tha julie roberts wants to sleep with seinfeld? i am confused.
I really want to get that cookbook...Cute picture!
That is awesome! Yeay you! I need that gingerbread recipe.
Love the mature comment from Lance! I was also considering getting the cookbook. Thanks for the reminder!
amanda...i have a link to the gingerbread recipe on the post. i added 1/4 cup of carrot puree.
Steam the carrots until soft. Then process them in the food processor. I froze them in 1/4 cup portions.
Post a Comment