What's more terrible for your arteries than Krispy Kreme? How about
Krispy Kreme bread pudding? Yum. Made it yesterday...weigh 5 more pounds today. We've also enjoyed homemade caramel corn. Yum again. First popping kernels.

Minutes later - Popcorn!

Then, making caramel sauce & throwing it all together!
6 comments:
Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding??? Sounds delightfully sinful. I love caramel corn too, yum!
Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding??? Sounds delightfully sinful. I love caramel corn too, yum!
Dohnuts are my weakness! But I think I gained a pound just reading the recipe!
wow yummmy! did you have a recipe for the caramel sauce? i need to use some left over CSA corn...
To make the popcorn on the stove, put it in a big pot with a tiny bit of oil. Shake constantly until the popping stops. Also, Martha has an (easy!) recipe for Kettle Corn on her website.
BUDDY & BERNIE’S CARAMEL CORN
1 c. sorghum molasses
1 ½ c. white sugar
¾ c. light brown sugar
1 c. butter or margarine
1 tsp. baking soda
6-8 qt. popped popcorn
Place first 5 ingredients in a heavy-duty 3-quart saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches a hard boil stage. Meanwhile, pop corn (do not add any butter or salt) and place in a large enough bowl to allow for easy mixing when the sugar mixture is added. When the sugar mixture is ready, add the soda. Mixture will become quite foamy. Immediately pour over popcorn, stirring well to coat all the corn. (It helps to have another pair of hands, so one person can pour while the other stirs.) Be careful, the sugar mixture is very hot. To keep the caramelized corn from sticking together; spread it out on waxed paper until it’s completely cooled.
I totally think you should make the Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding next time you have play group. Please!!!!!!
Post a Comment