Thursday, October 04, 2012
Moving In!
Yesterday, we began our transition into our new house! At long last! We're so thrilled to be through with the majority of our projects. We have some loose ends to tie up, but for the most part we are done! This past week, I was able to actually chill out (or "chill off", as Katie Belle likes to say) with my kids. And I wasn't even tempted to google "shutter style windows" while reading to my kids. Hooray! A sliver of normalcy. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be mother of 4 kids in 6 years. But here I am. So if you have a "large family" like mine, you'll see why this is probably my favorite new room. (It's a toss up between this room and my laundry room.)
Since I love reading a house with a story, I'm gonna run down the deets. It was funny building a new house and trying to find as much old stuff as possible to make it look like a not-too-new-house.
Here they go: Slate style tile, Del Mar Mediterranean 13x13 (a steal at $1.55/sq ft); Newel Post - a Craigslist find from a really old house, $60 ; Old hooks for the mudroom piece from The Cane Ery (tons of old hardware & junk); Bench built with wormy oak wood from our neighbor who planes his own wood. He'd been drying that wood for years and was about to toss it. (We made the treehouse loft from the wood too.); Paint Colors: Door is Wyeth Blue, Walls are Acadia White.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
LOVE! I love the blue door!! This is such a tease ;-) I want to see a full tour. Pretty please??
Gorgeous! Just look at all those cubbies!
Looks amazing! I agree with Christine, tour please ;)
Very pretty! Can't wait to see more!
Karina
More pictures!! :)
Very cool, Carrie! Will you give me a virtual tour??? :)
It looks great, Carrie! I can't wait to see more pictures of the house!
Post a Comment