Friday, September 02, 2011

My Sweet Katie Belle

This sweet girl is a delight in my life. Truth be told, I had concerns about our relationship from the get-go. Maybe I over think things, but she was a very strong, determined baby & toddler. She operates very differently than I do. If she has decided there is something she wants, she is determined to make it happen. I told myself, "This can go 2 ways...it can be a great strength or a horrible weakness." While I still believe this to be true and will continue to pray over her life, I have such joy in our relationship. Almost daily, someone comments about her sweet, charming personality. She loves to snuggle with me nearly every single day, remarking "Let's Snuggle, Mommy!" The silly girl even likes me to lay on top of her when we say our nightly prayers! She is generous and kind to her friends and her brother & sister. She pats the backs of the "babies" (the 2 years old, who are mostly bigger than she) on the playground. She tells her teacher, "I'll miss you!" as she leaves the classroom. She tells her brother, "Efan, You're a sweet boy. I love you all the time!" I adore her and love to see how she makes an impact anywhere she goes. I love you, Katie Belle!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sweet face is indicative of her sweet heart. I sure get a chuckle thinking of your night time prayers. Mimi

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful, Carrie! How exciting that you get to cultivate that mother-daughter relationship!