Believe me, I've tried to like radishes. But so far, I have been unable to figure out a good way to use them. This is about the best use I have come across. Doesn't it look adorable? If anyone has a favorite radish recipe, please share!!! I can handle about 2 slices of them on a salad, but that's as close as I've come to anything resembling enjoyment.
8 comments:
very cute. and sorry no good recipe. they aren´t my favorite either!
I roasted mine last night and really liked them. I diced them along with the kohlrabi, coated with olive oil and salt and pepper. Then roasted at 425 degrees for about 25 minutes, turning occassionally. It definitely took away the bitterness that raw radishes have.
I used to have a recipe where you minced radishes and carrots, mixed with cream cheese and herbs, wrapped up in a flour tortilla, and sliced into pinwheels. Kind of an appetizer thingy. I guess anything is good smothered in cream cheese.
I hear you. I'm getting tired of them in salads, and they keep coming.
I chop them up teeny tiny. Super small. Microscopic. Then, I put them in a Mexican salad. I can barely taste them.
By the way - picked up my Avalon Acres this AM and there were none. Broccoli instead.
Oh I am jealous of Sam! I got no broccoli and MORE radishes! I grate them and put them in the salad. See my post. They are much better and you just taste them a little but don't have to deal with the texture.
I haven't tried this yet, but it looks interesting:
http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/roundup-magazines/spring-preserves-quick-radish-pickles-083258
I love this picture.
Post a Comment