The same Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act that I told you about here will likely hurt the resale of childrens clothes and toys from consignment sales, thrift stores, & garage sales. If you haven't taken the time, please read & take action today! The law goes into effect on February 10!Read today's article in The Tennessean for more information.
This post at coolmompicks.com has a link to tell you how to write your Congressman, the CPSIA, and more. Picture from here.
More detailed & thorough sample letters can be found online, but here's a copy of mine, if you need a jumping off point: I am very concerned about the Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act & the implications on families across the nation. Most families rely greatly on resale items at thrift stores, garage sales & consigment sales in order to provide adequately for their families. Also, many small toy and clothing manufacturers, artisans and craftsmen will no longer be able to do business under such circumstances. I applaud your efforts to keep our children safe, but am very concerned about the effect this will have on products for America's children. Thank you.
2 comments:
I'm so mad about this
It looks like some amendments have been made recently to allow consignment sales and thrift stores to continue selling. There is an article in the Tennessean today. http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090109/NEWS07/901090364/1001/RSS01
Rebekah
Post a Comment