Last night I started a quilt. Why? I'm completely crazy. I completely don't have time, but couldn't find what I wanted for Ethan's room to match his new sheets. I fell in love with this quilt. But just wasn't in the mood to spend $800. Go figure. Here I go! I'm almost done with the top, but plan to do the quilting by hand. I've heard to expect that it will take me 6 months. I'm hoping I can make better time than that!
5 comments:
You rock... in my next life I am going to learn to quilt. I love quilts. I have many that my grandmother made by hand and those are priceless. Did you order a pattern? Let us know how the progress is going.
good luck! i admire you for tackling a project like that. i have a hard time with projects that take a long time...i have a tin bucket full of afghan squares i made in college, but still no afghan! it looks so cute--i love the one you are copying.
Oh please teach me how to sew! I seriously would pay you! I have a tshirt quilt from COLLEGE (6 years ago) all cut out that I still haven't sewn together b/c my skills from my 8th grade homeec class have worn off. :)
that's the funniest thing i've ever heard, caroline. i picked stripes for my first quilt for a reason! I don't have a pattern, i just kind of made it up myself. i've been asking around - women with much more experience than i. however, if you want a striped twin sized quilt, i'm happy to share what i know so far!
T-SHIRT QUILTS - I have a friend who had a t-shirt quilt made by Ann's Quilt Shop in CHattanooga. It looks very good. I bet you could also find someone on etsy.com to do it for cheap. (I love getting custom stuff off of etsy!) I have no advice for doing it yourself!
Wow! You are ambitious, but I'm sure you'll get it done. I started a quilt for Kaleb when he was 2 and 1/2 (that was almost 10 years ago!) and I got a good portion of it done, but it's mostly still in pieces in a box that says "Kaleb's quilt." bummer... if you get yours done, maybe I'll pull his out and work on it somemore. I need some motivation!
Post a Comment