
Our family loves steel cut oats. Have you ever tried them? If not, you don't know what you are missing. And typically, people make these way harder than needed. Really, they are EASY. If you browse the web, you will find a variety of recipes, and I've tried lots of them. But there is nothing simpler than this one below. Ready for something complicated?
1 Cup Steel Cut Oats
3 Cups Water
Directions: Before bedtime, bring water to a boil, along with oats. When it boils, turn water off & put top on the saucepan. In the morning, they will be done.
That's IT! Works every time for me! I've tried other water-to-oat ratios, and they didn't work for me. Also, if you double it, still use the 1-to-3 ratio. (2 cups oats/6 cups water). I eat them with butter & brown sugar, but you could add eggs, salt, jelly, fruit, nuts...and a variety of other add-ins.
(Jenny, this post is all for you!!! I barely even know how to blog anymore!!!) Here are a few other variations you might like to try. But seriously. My recipe is simpler than all of them.
The Kitchen's Overnight Steel Cut Oats (photo from here. but these look like mine)
Sugar Free Cocoa Overnight Steel Cut Oats
Pumpkin Overnight Steel Cut Oats
1 comment:
Thank you, Carrie!
Post a Comment