Friday, October 15, 2010

Jewell Louise

Many of you already know this, but yesterday we welcomed Jewell Louise into the world!!! It was the longest of all my labors, totalling about 24 hours in all. I started having very minor, short & consistent contractions on Wednesday at around 2 in the afternoon. They started getting painful at around 5 (but still short.) They continued throughout the night, and finally we went to the hospital around 10 am on Thursday morning. I was 5 cm dialated when we got there, and 20 minutes later I was at 8. Although I wanted to give birth without an epidural, I changed my mind somewhere along the way. I was exhausted from a long sleepless night & simply out of gas. Why can't I ever be one of those quick 1 hour births!!!??? Anyway, Jewell was born at 1:30 pm, 8.11 ounces (my biggest baby!) and 19 inches long. Jewell is my grandmother's name. Louise is the middle name of both of Lance's grandmothers, as well as his mother and sister.

More pictures to come soon!

1 comment:

Tabatha said...

She's just perfect! Congratulations to you all!