Sunday, December 13, 2009

Winter CSA, Week 2

This week we upgraded our package to a full preserved goods package. Our goodies include: Turnips (with turnip greens), Swiss Chard, Mustard Greens, Popping Corn, Sweet Canned Corn, Canned Tomatoes, Apple Butter, Whole Wheat Fettuccini (not pictured) & canned Tomato Sauce.

Some recipes I'm considering testing out this week: Turnip Greens & Ham, Slow Cooker Root Vegetable Tagine, braised swiss chard, swiss chard with raisins & pine nuts, Southern-Style Turnip/Mustard Greens, oh I don't know - maybe this mustard green recipe? or dare I say Turnip Souffle?

We also got lots of other products from another local farm (actually in KY), Willow Hills, including cheeses. If I could only find a local source of flour!!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I'm local. Where/how do you get products from Willow Hills?

lyla said...

i want that apple butter. it all looks yummy :)

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

i created a post just for you, laura! i would suggest you email them with the questions i've posted. good luck!

Carrie Sparks McClain said...

I know you aren't down here too much, but when you do come and visit the in-laws you should check out Falls Mills. They have flour in all different types. It is local to our area and they have a little shop at the mill so you are getting it fresh ground. They are also selling it at the Swiss Pantry now. Lance probably remembers where that is. You can stock up and take it back with you.