Thursday, December 31, 2009

Homemade Christmas, 2009

Another year of handmade Christmas gifts. Again, I am SO glad that we did it! It's feels so good to stay away from the mall, and to change the focus from buying that perfect gift!

This year, I made coasters, friendship soup & cornbread mix. Some of the awesome gifts I received were: A Christmas wall hanging, delicious-smelling homemade candles, pancake mix & syrup, an apron, and hot spiced tea mix. I look forward to 2010's Homemade Christmas!!!

You might remember that last year I made granola & notecards. Some of the gifts I received last year were: a basket of "green" products, a painting, spiced nuts & homemade soap.

5 comments:

Renee said...

we thoroughly enjoyed joining this tradition. i've already got ideas for next Christmas!

The Hadfields said...

You are so creative. Lovely (and yummy!) gifts. Happy New Year!

julia said...

love your handmade gifts. someday i will also get to all my ideas and actually do them! happy new year!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why but coasters make me happy. Your homemade ones are SO cute!

Kristen said...

I made the chair tent for my nephew for Christmas from one of your November posts. I was my favorite gift to give and the only one I made!