Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween Allergen-Free Candies

I'm behind schedule on posting this, but I wanted to share this link of Halloween Candies which are free of all the top 8 allergens, as well as Gluten-Free. This year, I've got Halloween whistles, spider rings, and other non-food treats. These go over pretty well, people! You should try some non-food items. The kids were coming back to our Trunk-or-Treat trunk for more whistles! Smarties are the easiest-to-find safe food that is good for most everyone & very easy to find.

5 comments:

lyla said...

that's good to know and also worded pretty funny :) smarties are "good" for you!? mamie will be so excited to hear that, seeing as she would choose them above all else. ice cream with sprinkles? no thanks, she'll just have smarties. i'm esp glad to know about the gluten-free list. thanks!

The Hadfields said...

Great, b/c Smarties are our family favorite!!

caroline G said...

I love smarties. In fifth grade a boy in my class got suspended for smashing up the white ones and trying to sell them as cocaine. It is horrible, but for some reason it always makes me giggle when I think about it. Just wanted to share.

Anonymous said...

Those are great ideas for the non-food items! And smarties are absolutely the best halloween candy anyway.... I'm just going to live vicariously thru you since we won't be doing any trick or treating here (: Judah does get to be spiderman at a party saturday though so he's happy. What costumes are your kids going as this year?
Emily

the Wilbecks said...

Hey, Carrie - thanks for the ideas.