Did you know that sunflower seeds came from actual sunflowers? Advanced concept, I know, but I was completely oblivious to this. So it was such fun to harvest the seeds from our sunflower that we grew in our garden! Next step is
roasting them.

You can see the little seeds peeking out of the flower as it dries out...
3 comments:
I have to admit, I have never thought about it either! I love roasting and eating pumpking seeds. It'll be fun to try the sunflower seeds.
who knew??? thanks for the info ;) i love sunflower seeds - or as will calls them "baby nuts."
I am sure you know that if you will allow many of the flowers we all grow to go "to seed" (instead of dead-heading them) - zinnias and blacked-susans especially, you will save money buying seeds for next year. Just pluck them out the same way you did the sunflower seeds, store them in a paper envelope (labeled of course) and plant them next spring. This is really nice if you happen across a variety you expecially love.
Post a Comment