CAKES: Here are some cute ones, as well as tons here on flickr. And if that's not enough, a simple google image search shows countless cake ideas. (Pictured cake found here.)STAR WARS ON ETSY:
An etsy search, with the words "Star Wars Party" has lots of other inspirational ideas.
Like the cookies below (found here). Or these fondant cupcake toppers. And these cute downloadable party displays here. And what cute goodie bags! INSPIRING PARTIES YOU'VE GOT TO CHECK OUT:
Just Jenn Recipes has super-duper cute food!
The Laws of My Life has a great idea for "Making your own R2D2".
Geek Mom features food & game ideas.
Country Cottage Needleworks has some really cute decorations, including a life sized R2D2. Her husband is so crafty!
Blissoff has some more cute decorations & food ideas.
My Creative Stirrings has cute R2D2 cups, light saber knives, and Ewok huts.
Aimee Austin has more good game ideas.
Make & Takes has more good game ideas, how to's and easy food ideas.
OTHER FUN DETAILS:
And I think a Death Star pinata would be awesome (here's an easy how to!), I figured the kids would rather have a whack at Darth Vader's head. Here are some more awesome Star Wars pinatas on etsy. Here are some light saber "how tos." This and this one out of wrapping paper rolls. And this out of pool noodles.
Free Downloadable Star Wars Masks
a Jedi Robe pattern (I used around 2 yards of fabric per kid). If you used felt, it would save some time (you don't have to hem), but it would be more expensive.
Downloadable Coloring Pages
Invitations
Star Wars Sandwich Cutters and Cookie Cutters
I also had the idea of serving edamame (Yoda Ears) and some pineapple stars and grapes on skewers (inspired by Edible Arrangements), but I ran out of time and energy.
Here's how it all turned out!
1 comment:
another great idea...light saber invitations
http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/01/star-wars-party-light-saber-invitations.html
Post a Comment